Benefits of Cable Fly VariationsYou may wonder why you should do a standing chest flye or a dumbbell flye, but this chest exercise can add many benefits to your chest workouts. But as always, the key to getting these results is to make sure you are doing it the right way. Here are some benefits that may give you the push you have been waiting for:
- It Aids Scapular Retraction
- It is a Compound Workout
How to do Cable FlysThe basic steps involved in cable flys can be termed easy; you just need to make sure you are using the right steps and proper form. The number of steps and reps you have to do would be dependent on what fitness goals you are trying to achieve and how much time you spend when doing your workouts. The general guideline used by most fitness settings is 12-15 reps combined with three sets. Here is a detailed step-by-step method on how to do cable flys:
- Stand straight in the center of the cable machine
- Position your hands to be placed in front of your body
- When your hands meet, position your wrists, so your palms can be upwards
- Stay in this position for three to four seconds
- Go back slowly to the beginning position
Let’s look at a few tips for Cable Fly.
- Switch the Hand Position
- Keep your Core Occupied
- Aim to Combine Standing Cable Flys and other Chest Focused Workouts
- Increase or Decrease Weight
- Go For 2/3 Second Negative Stage
Cable Fly VariationSame with other workouts, you can find several variations for cable flys. Here are some of the best out there that can give you maximum gains: High Cable Fly
- Modify the cable machine so that the pulley can be positioned just a bit above your head.
- Hold the handles and move forward, and then bring your hands together right underneath your chest. Make sure that your hands are a little bent.
- Drop the arms of the cable machines to the floor.
- Hold the handles and step forward so that the weights won’t touch the remaining weight stack.
- Bring the hands together so it can be in front of the chest, right under the chin. Retract your shoulders, and position your chest up.
- Slightly bend your shoulders while doing the whole process all over again.